Monday 30 July 2012

Olympics: London 2012

I'm a little bit late in writing about the Opening Ceremony, I'm a bit slow on the uptake, sorry!

Without sounding biased, I actually thought that the Opening Ceremony was amazing. I'll be honest and say that it was a lot better than I thought it would be, I may sound cynical saying that but my expectations for the Opening were not very high; especially in comparison to Beijing. After Beijing I felt sorry for London having to compete with it because I thought Beijing were an incredibly hard act to follow, and they were, however London made it different to Beijing in a way that can't really be compared to it because of the massive variations there were.

At the beginning there were a few lulls in between scenes where nothing seemed to happen, that I admit, and it was a little bit awkward to watch when that happened. I'm not sure whether it was because the cameramen had panned to parts of the Ceremony where acts had finished or whether there were delays in the Ceremony itself, but when those moments subsided, the rest of the Ceremony was flawless.

I'm trying to not be biased throughout this post, but I have to say that I am incredibly impressed at the organisers, the volunteers and Danny Boyle's creation of the artistic side of the Ceremony. I think Danny Boyle included some very important aspects of Britain in to the Ceremony and I think it was especially important to have a minute's silence for our troops that have served the country.

For me, the highlights of the Ceremony were the performances by our best British artists, such as Emeli Sandé, The Arctic Monkeys and Paul McCartney; our music is what separated us from the Opening Ceremony in Beijing because we have had some of the best artists to come from the UK; such as The Beatles for example, and our music is what makes us great even though we're only a small island.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed with everything about the Opening Ceremony, which celebrated everything British and I think the volunteers  deserve huge gratification for giving up their time and for putting on a great show.

For anyone that wants to give me their opinion, my twitter is: Natasha_Lane_ or just follow the link https://twitter.com/Natasha_Lane_ 

No comments:

Post a Comment